UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders, Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich, creating an organization with key positions on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
- Development of aircraft installation packages for Video and Electronic Flight Bag products
- Define and Develop Certification strategies and paths for Video and Electronic Flight Bag products and installations
- Define system interfaces and resolve aircraft and HW/SW integration issues.
- Develop System Description Documents, Certification Test Plans, and other documents required for aircraft certification.
- Joint Development of new aircraft systems with existing and new customers.
- Leading internal and customer design reviews,
- Provide input on project schedules and budgets,
- Experience in system integration test development and execution at the avionics level,
- Efficiently generate and review detailed engineering documents.
Experience in the following areas is strongly desired:
- Airline engineering experience, including knowledge of Technical Operations policies and procedures.
-Complete systems development life-cycle: design, development, integration, and test
- System level requirements definition taking into account:
- Customer and market requirements
- Fault Tree/System Safety Assessments
- FAR/JAR 25 regulations including AC25-11
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment are required. Customer interaction and certification activities for new video and electronic flight bag products are critical objectives for this position. The Systems Engineer will need to be comfortable in negotiating with customers and certification authorities when discussing requirements for our products.
Some travel (10% - 15%) is required for this position as necessary to support certification meetings, customer design reviews, and technical marketing of new products.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering (including Systems, Aero, EE, SW, or ME), Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science Minimum Work Experience: 10 years of Systems/Certification/Installation Engineering Experience
Avionics Technical Knowledge and preferably Certification Experience
Competencies: Microsoft Tools, CAD (PRO E), Project Scheduling Tools, Strong Technical Writing Skills, Strong Oral Presentation Skills, Strong Inter-Personnel Communication Skills, knowledge of aircraft electronics for analog and digital processing, aircraft protocols (ARINC-429) and interface definition.
Avionics Project leadership experience a plus.
Successful applicants must undergo a drug test/physical and background check.
Applicant must qualify for access to U.S. export-controlled technology without a license. Non-immigrant visas will not be sponsored for this position. Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident, or designated a refugee or asylee under U.S. law