UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders, Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich, creating an organization with key positions on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
The Financial Reporting & Consolidations Accountant is responsible for accounting, consolidating and reporting Hamilton Sundstrand¿s results to UTC and internal management through monthly and quarterly close process. The team is comprised of 3 members who report through the CFO and VP, Controller organizations and interface with a broad range of internal and external customers.
Primary job functions include:
1) Responsible for the review of financials of assigned business units monthly and any other accounting activities relating within those businesses
2) Responsible for certain quarterly deliverables required by UTC Controllers Group for Hamilton Sundstrand and ensure timely and accurate data being reported.
3) Assist in identifying and implementing best practices and procedures.
4) Provide support and financial guidance to internal /external customers.
5) Participate in Sarbanes Oxley testing.
6) Participate in Accounting Control Assessments.
7) Participate on UTC Teams on various process improvements.
8) Other accounting analysis and reporting as needed
This role involves a significant amount of cross functional interface with a wide variety of internal and external customers. Primary customers include:
1) Business Unit and plant site Financial / Operations Controllers
2) Central Finance Assistant Controller, VP, Controller and CFO
3) UTC Controllers Organization
4) Accounting & Controls Council
5) UTC Internal Audit
Professional Requirements and Preferences:
¿ Bachelors degree in business, accounting or finance
¿ 5 or more years experience and familiarity with GAAP, financial statements, general closing procedures and internal controls
¿ Ability to work with a diverse team of financial contacts worldwide
¿ Strong problem solving skills
¿ Results focused and ability to meet deadlines
¿ Strong systems skills
¿ Excellent skills in communication, analytics, customer focus, teamwork, focus on results, project management, and cross functional coordination
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.