UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders, Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich, creating an organization with key positions on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
UTC Aerospace Systems in Chula Vista, CA is seeking an experience Senior Accountant to join our organization. some of the duties and expectations of this position include the following:
- Perform accounting activities for multiple programs using Accrual accounting methods. Provide support for a large Program Finance Department in executing the timely closing and financial reporting of all Original Equipment (OE) Programs profitability and loss.
- Prepare analyses and post journal entries including warranty, excess & obsolescence, royalty, cost, revenue recognition and reserve adjustments. Prepare various monthly supplemental schedules including, Backlog & Orders, Company Funded Engineering, Sales and COSG Channels/Geographic and warranty roll-forward analyses.
- Prepare accounts reconciliation for various inventory and reserve accounts. Prepare data collection for annual tax packages relating to revenue accounts and program related balance sheet accounts. Reconcile financials in the program module against the financial module in SAP system. Review SAP month-end job processes and act as liaison between Finance and SAP Global Support department to resolve system issues.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or related field with 4+ years related experience in cost, project and or general accounting. Or Master¿s Degree in in Business, Accounting or related field with 2+ years related experience in cost, project and or general accounting.
Degree in Accounting is preferred. Required:
-Strong experience with accrual accounting methods.
- 4+ years of experience working with General Ledger and Financial Statements: reconciling General Ledger accounts and preparing support schedules.
- 2+ years of project based accounting experience of large, long-term projects.
- Strong financial analytical and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with Ensuring Revenue recognition policies are adhered to
- Experience with inventory analysis
- Working knowledge of SAP (or other ERP systems)
- Capable of making improvements to existing processes and demonstrates financial accounting accuracy skills.
- Ability to make sound accounting technical recommendation to a large group of program finance analysts with various levels of accounting experience.
- Ability to meet scheduled deadlines for tight close period.
- Demonstrates exemplary verbal and written business communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Proven organization skills with ability to properly prioritize and complete tasks with minimal direction
- Well versed in Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Intermediate to Advanced level skills with MS Excel.
-Must Be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
-Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application.
-Experience in the Aerospace industry.
-SAP experience; CPA or Master's in Accountancy/Business.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.