UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders, Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich, creating an organization with key positions on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
United Technologies Aerospace Systems Customer Service is seeking a quality engineer to support the development, implementation, and continuosu improvement of the Supplier Quality Management System and processes for the overhaul and repair of UTAS products. The quality engineer must possess good communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization.
Responsibilies shall include:
- Performing internal and external supplier quality system audits.
- Evaluation of procedures and processes to determine compliance with applicable requirements.
- Investigating non-conformances to determine root cause, identify corrective actions and tracking effectiveness.
- Leading and communicating quality initiatives within the organization.
- Utilizing Continuous Improvement tools to support process enhancements.
- Perform Supplier Technical Process Reviews in order to drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Enhance departmental procedures and standard work.
- Compile and report audit/supplier metrics.
B.S., preferably in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
Minimum 2-4 years in quality engineering or related experience.
Overhaul/repair or related experience desired.
Working knowledge of FAA regulations for 145 repair stations and Spare Part/Materials Management Organizations.
Knowledge of FAR 21, 43 as well as ISO9001-2000 and AS9110 Standards
Strong organizational and planning skills.
Auditing skills/experience, both internal and external.
Proficiency in MS Office applications to include MS Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel.
Above average interpersonal leadership and team-building skills.
Six Sigma and/or ACE certification preferred.
ASQ-CQE certification a plus.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.