UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders, Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich, creating an organization with key positions on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
As a Quality Auditor with UTC Aerospace Systems, will be responsible for the following activities:
Perform and lead internal Quality Management System audits based on AS9100, customer and internal requirements.
Develop audit checklists from requirements.
Report audit results to audit clients and management using Microsoft Word and current computer software applications.
Approve corrective action responses and evaluate effectiveness of committed corrective actions.
Coordinate external and customer audits and serve as an escort during these audits.
Provide advice, consultation and clarification from an administrative and compliance perspective.
Interface with customer representatives in matters relative to quality assurance and the quality management system.
Some interface with the Quality Metrics group and potential for back-up metrics reporting and analysis.
BS degree with 4-7+ year's experience; Or, MS degree with 2-5+ year's experience
Prefer a technical degree
- Experience in quality assurance and a firm understanding of Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Formal audit training.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Quality Engineering, Inspection or Manufacturing Engineering experience that would aid in the conduct of audits is also a plus.
- Able to demonstrate competence in clearly expressing concepts and ideas orally and in writing and have good interpersonal skills.
- Must understand basic audit principles and practices, as well as basic assessment techniques of examining, questioning, evaluating and reporting.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% domestic and internationally.
- Continuous Improvement skills
- All experience preferably in the aerospace industry
- Certification and audit leadership experience
- Working knowledge of Aerostructures Enterprise Excellence Procedures (EEP's) is preferred, as is a working knowledge of Lean Enterprise principles and processes, and QMS procedures.