UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders, Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich, creating an organization with key positions on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
As a Processing Specialist, you will be responsible for the following at the Chula Vista facility:
- Performing of all operations necessary to heat treat, chemical milling, painting, process, and degreasing a particular component or detail.
- Will interact with internal and external (Nadcap) auditors.
- Will require the ability to perform tasks in front of auditors.
- Will require the ability and willingness to work with hazardous materials; will evaluate and respond to equipment alarm situations.
- Extensive use of Manufacturing Process Digests and recording of critical parameters mandated by industry and Nadcap requirements. Will maintain documentation, forms and log sheets per Nadcap requirements and EEP's.
- Determines process time and temp, works from process specs, planning, dept instructions, blueprints, etc. Part handling, load and unload parts per planning requirements as necessary to paint, process, degrease, heat treat or perform hardness verification.
- Use appropriately calibrated instruments to calculate or measure the following: total SF of each anodized load, coating thickness (i.e., Defelsko 6000 for Anozide, Maskant, and Prime), etch rate and etch time (Chem Mill & Alpha Case) continuity, coating/material thickness, material removal reqts, surface roughness and glycol percentages.
- Apply part masking correctly using appropriate material, including pickling paste, neutralizer, clean up and disposal of materials. Verify removal of acid residues. Interpretation of spacing reqts and heat treating equipment working zones.
- Practical use of digital recorders (reviewing heat treat loads and inputting digital notes for documentation).
- These positions will be on 2nd shift (3:00 p.m. ¿ 11:30 p.m.) or 3rd shift (11:30 p.m. ¿ 6:00 a.m.). Training will be conducted on 1st shift (6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.).
High school diploma or GED equivalent and 1+ years of related experience.
- Must be able to accurately document per Nadcap requirements.
- Ability to maintain documentation, forms and log sheets per Nadcap requirements and EEP's.
- Able to work from sketches, templates, tools, blueprints, engineering documents, etc.
- Must be able to apply a high degree of manual dexterity.
- Knowledge of shop math, including algebra and geometry.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment.
- Ability to complete extensive on the job and classroom training.
- Must be able to pass a valpar test.
- Must be willing to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
- Knowledge of oven controllers and oven temperature instruments.
- Prior experience with painting in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience with heat treating.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.