UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders, Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich, creating an organization with key positions on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
The Materials Analyst will be responsible for the development, documentation, communication and deployment of standard SIOP (Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning) processes across all UTC Aerostructures.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Promoting and leading the transition to a global SIOP process. The implementation shall include a Supply, Demand, Pre-Executive and Executive Review within a 10-day cycle across both Aerostructures corporate facilities as well as all sites and programs
- Responsible for the initial SIOP training as well as on-going required training to empower users at both corporate and plant sites to successfully implement and continually improve the SIOP process while meeting executive management's SIOP goals and objectives
- Project management and development of collaborative relationships at different levels
- Deploying and implementing Business Intelligence tools within the Materials and Operations organizations (combination of SAP, Business Warehouse, and Business Objects, in conjunction with other reporting tools)
- Act as the key interface between all Aerostructures sites and corporate executive management during and after the initial implementation of a UTC Aerostructures SIOP process.
- Develop agendas and monthly schedule for each SIOP review (minimum of twelve month schedule)
- Develop detailed training to gain buy-in and approval by SIOP team owners
- Ensure integrity and sustainability of the process through implementation of standard data, process monitoring, documentation and training practices
- Develop and communicate key SIOP metrics to enable management of SIOP and related business results and facilitate continuous improvement
- Develop and deploy an early warning system (SIOP Alert) for utilization outside the SIOP 10-day cycle
- Ensure the organization's SIOP processes remain current and cutting edge based on market place best practices
- Ability to travel to and proactively reach out to sites and corporate resources to ensure they are in alignment with corporate SIOP policies and procedures utilizing a standard auditing process
BA/ BS Degree with at least 2+ years of experience OR MA/MS Degree with some related experience.
- Experience working with Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning (SIOP) procedures within a large environment (>$1B in revenue)
- Must possess strong problem solving skills and solid judgment and be able to work autonomously
- Must be able to cope with multiple priorities and ambiguity
- Possesses strategic thinking and can look ahead and respond proactively - bias for action
- Must demonstrate leadership potential
- Ability to work in a complex matrix environment to create buy-in and implement processes
- Solid presentation, written and verbal communication and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and statistical skills including the ability to develop and measure metrics, develop complex models etc.
- Must have experience with ERP systems, preferably SAP
- Proficiency in MS Office applications to include Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Ability to travel 10-20% (mostly domestic, maybe some international)
- Must be US Citizen or Green card holder
- Industry experience or experience within a large manufacturing and assembly environment
- Local candidates
- Experience working in a lean environment
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.