UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders, Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich, creating an organization with key positions on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
Operates production equipment, responsible for manufacturing and assembly of commercial aerospace components. Follows blueprints, guidelines, and/or diagrams to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish work.
Perform technical tasks based on written or verbal instructions. Utilize technical assets.
- Utilize microelectronic, electronic, optical, electro-optical, mechanical, or electromechanical equipment, including computers and lasers.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting, calibration or modification of hardware, fixtures, and software.
- Participate on and/or lead project teams.
- Apply technical expertise in the evaluation, development, maintenance and use of complex products, devices, tests, or procedures under constantly changing conditions where moderate ingenuity and judgments are required.
- Structure modifications to programs w/ Visual Basic or other SW packages/programs preferred.
- Design simple circuits, fixtures, or mechanical parts.
- Develop software programs to run NC machines.
- Provide technical solutions to engineering.
- Participate on safety initiatives.
Support manufacturing activities through the resolution of production problems, fabrication of complex hardware, equipment and training.
- Self manage work flow throughout area with minimal guidance, to achieve team goals.
- Estimate labor, material, and manufacturing costs for the building and repair of product or process enhancement.
- Identify and correct minor process, material, design, or equipment problems
- Actively participate in material review activities including troubleshooting of non-conformances.
- Perform mid-level (moderately complex) testing or mechanical operations on production/repair hardware including troubleshooting to component level.
- Provide skill specific training to improve technique and/or understanding of theory of operation.
- Fabricate complex equipment, hardware or prototypes.
Provide accurate recording of time changes, test data. Parts usage, etc. This requires data interpretation.
- Generate reports from test results and communicate results or take immediate corrective action to assure proper disposition of items in question.
- Write test procedures and manufacturing work instruction for complex or detailed assembly or test operations.
- Utilize multiple databases to create/use necessary information to provide information for decision making requiring judgment.
Technical Asset Management
Manage technical assets which requires support from personnel, outside sources, and other functional groups to complete tasks.
- Requisition, manage, and maintain technical assets.
- Provides tooling, fixture, software and equipment design and maintenance, as well as troubleshooting/repair.
Minimum Education Requirement: Associate's/Technical Degree
Minimum of two years experience.
Production assembly experience preferred.
Must have experience troubleshooting and the ability to interpret schematics
Must be highly motivated and dedicated to exceeding customer expectations.
Communication and Comprehension Skills: (The level needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.)
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Reasoning Ability: (The level needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.)
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret concrete variables.
Competencies: The five most critical competencies for this position
1) Action Orientation
2) Customer Focus
3) Functional/Technical Skills
4) Decision Quality
5) Problem Solving
EDUCATION: Associate's/Technical Degree
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years experience. (Production assembly experience preferred)
INDUSTRY: No specific industry experience required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.