UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders, Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich, creating an organization with key positions on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
Under general supervision, the HR Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative support to HR department for Employee Relations and Staffing.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and compile moderately complex HR data and information and compose written descriptions of results
- Create/maintain HR records and files
- Work with the hiring managers of various departments to create and/or edit interview packets
- Compile resume and interview packets for internal/external interviews
- Review, track, and submit applicant expense reports
- Schedule/coordinate assessments and interviews to support staffing
- Schedule/monitor background checks and drug screens
- Schedule new hire orientations, start dates for external employees, etc.
- HR Support for interviews as needed
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks such as creating or editing HR PowerPoint presentations, scanning documents, copy jobs per request, pack and ship confidential documents, and creating files/packets
Bachelor's degree and some HR related experience. In lieu of degree, 7+ years of HR related experience; Or an Associate's degree and 4+ years of HR related experience.
- Ability to maintain confidential information in an HR environment
- Strong Microsoft Office skill set (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to take direction and work independently on assigned tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong bias for action; ability to function in a fast-paced high volume facility
- Support completing priorities and have effective time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Administrative experience in an HR environment required
- US Citizen or Green Card holder