UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders, Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich, creating an organization with key positions on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
This position manages daily operations of an Human Resource department; including developing appropriate human resource plans in support of key business needs in a dynamic, changing environment responsible for a medium to large business unit.
Essential Responsibilities include:
* Administers bargaining unit contract; investigates and resolves related benefits, compensation, and labor relations issues.
* Provide advice and counsel to leaders in employee relations, manpower planning, performance management, career development, training and development and salary administration.
* Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and non-exempt employees
* Works as a strategic business partner to ensure HR strategies are aligned to support the business strategies and objectives. Ensure leadership and employees are informed of the HR policies and practices, programs and proposed changes that affect employees and/or operational effectiveness.
* Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
* Bachelor's Degree in related area
* 8+ years experience in the field or in a related area
* 2+ years management experience
* Previous bargaining unit agreement administration Preferred
* Proven ability to manage a wide variety of HR programs, change management and roll-out of corporate HR initiatives.
* Ability to communicate effectively, including excellent writing and public speaking skills.
* Ability to build and maintain relationships with leadership as well as employees.
* Solid knowledge of HR laws and regulations.
* Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement Preferred