UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders, Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich, creating an organization with key positions on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
This position is a key function in collecting receivables with Strategic Business Units that the North American FSS supports. The selected individual will interact with SBU customers and managers within each SBU. Timely communication of potential issues and/or concerns from the Specialist to the SBU is critical to the success of the position. In addition, specific reporting is required to support the business decisions; including scheduled meetings.
- Contact customers for payment through written and verbal means to request payment or to discover reasons for non-payment.
- Understand specific SBU requirements for specific processes, approval limits, and authority levels, and employ standard work to be in compliance with the same.
- Document issues and appropriate action plans to resolve issues.
- Organize and lead weekly conference calls with appropriate Goodrich associates to facilitate actions and hold associates accountable for action items.-Understand customer buying and payment processes to develop strategies to effect prompt payment from customers
- Perform credit evaluations on existing and new accounts to establish and adjust credit limits on accounts; submit credit override requests; includes making recommendations to SBU managerial associates to gain consensus
- Review new orders for approval, hold, or qualification depending on available credit limit and risk category (i.e. open account, cash in advance, etc.) while considering status of existing accounts receivable; exercise of judgment utilized considering current state of accounts receivable and customer credit worthiness.
Associate's/Technical Degree (Business Preferred)
- 2 years Credit & Collection experience
- Working in a team environment
- Cash Application and/or reconciliation skills
- Microsoft Office experience
- SAP Experience or Other ERP Application
- Interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to operate in fast paced environment and multitask