UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders, Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich, creating an organization with key positions on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
UTC Aerospace Systems - Sensors & Integrated Systems, a leader in the design and manufacturing of sensor and precision instrumentation for commercial, military, and business and regional jet aircraft worldwide has an immediate opening for a Business Development Intern.
The selected candidate will be responsible for providing support to the Product Support Engineer for a new product line of Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) hardware and software products in the Cockpit Data Management Solutions group. Position responsibilities will include:
- Assist with providing technical support to UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) Business Development Managers and Field Sales Representatives as needed to support the new program business capture process. (i.e. configuring EFB demo and test units to meet Customer requirements, supporting presentations and proposals, etc.)
- Assist with creation of certification packages, including aircraft installation design documentation and artifacts. Will support the Product Support Engineer in research and development of aircraft design data and modification procedures for installing new EFB hardware.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows environment troubleshooting and modification: Will be operating in various versions of Microsoft Windows (including Windows XP, 7 embedded Standard, Ultimate, Professional, and Windows 8) and will need to be able to identify and troubleshoot different operating system issues. Will be working with multiple 1st and 3rd party applications in this environment and will need to support the maintenance and troubleshooting of them within the UTAS Engineering and Business Development groups.
- Familiarity with Apple iOS, specifically iPad system design and use.
Candidates must be a current college student with Junior or Senior class standing majoring in
Business Administration or Engineering at an accredited college or university
The ideal candidate should possess a working knowledge of integrating and troubleshooting software applications in both Windows and Apple environments for use in the Avionics industry, including:
- Experience integrating, deploying, and troubleshooting Windows applications for Windows XP/7/8, as well as Windows embedded environments.
- Experience with Windows and Apple touchscreen interfaces
- Apple iOS
- USB, RS-422/485, ARINC-429, 802.11x Wi-Fi, Cellular 3G/4G, and TCP/IP, and FTP protocols for transmittal of avionics data over various communication links
- Familiarity with applicable FAA, EASA, ARINC, and RTCA standards relating to EFBs, Avionics development, and STC certification
- Understanding of software and hardware development life cycle: requirements, design, code, qualification, integration, and testing
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
Minimum Education: Junior or Senior in a Bachelors of Science degree in applicable computer science / engineering discipline.
Minimum Experience: N/A.
Successful applicants must undergo a drug test, physical and background check.
Applicant must qualify for access to U.S. export-controlled technology without a license. Nonimmigrant visas will not be sponsored for this position. Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident, or designated a refugee or asylee under U.S. law.
-Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program
-Minimum completion of at least 30 credit hours
-Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
-Must hold a minimum 3.0 GPA
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.