UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. We design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft, helicopters and other platforms. We are also a major supplier to international space programs.
In 2012, UTC Aerospace Systems was formed by combining two industry leaders, Hamilton Sundstrand and Goodrich, creating an organization with key positions on a wide range of aircraft flying today and substantial content on various UAVs, satellites and ground and naval vehicles.
1. Works to specifications and uses instrumentation and test hardware to install test units or systems, conduct tests, and/or perform inspection functions on experimental, prototype, qualification, or production electrical, electro-mechanical, pneumatic, or hydro-mechanical products and fluid pumps. Accurately and legibly document results, including collection of SPC data as applicable.
2. Works in close cooperation with supervision, engineering, and other support personnel to resolve problems related to test or quality.
3. Provides interface with customer as required.
4. Maintain test equipment or other lab assets as applicable and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
5. Perform shop floor control functions as required.
6. Record and maintain data, including SPC, quality and test results for all testing.
7. Should be able to maintain break of inspection on test stands as applicable.
8. Maintain revision control of all test specifications, test procedures, applicable software or hardware and other quality documents to accept data and perform ENS functions.
9. Should be able to certify that the tests performed are in accordance with the specified requirements and to the best of their ability that the data obtained is an accurate representation of the test results.
10. Develop, review and revise Test Lab Instructions.
11. Work with and assist Engineering in testing and testing procedures for pre-production and qualification programs.
12. Work with and assist in maintenance of test log data base.
13. Must pass and maintain certification.
1. High School diploma or equivelant GED.
2. Prefer Technical Associate degree or Trade Certificate.
1. 3 years experience perfoming aerospace test procedures preferred
2. Should possess knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and vacuum systems.
3. Should have ability to install, calibrate, and operate various types of instrumentation.
4. Should have ability to use basic measuring gauges such as micrometers, plug or thread gauges, etc.
5. Should be able to demonstrate proficiency and ability to thoroughly understand test specifications, changes to test specifications, recorded tapes, and any related test inspection forms and procedures.
6. Should be able to fabricate test equipment or test hardware to blueprints, sketches, engineering drawings, or other instructions using hand and power tools. Must have knowledge of tube and pipe fabrication, i.e. brazing, soldering, and tube bending. Has ability to perform fabrication work with a variety of materials.
7. Should have capability to understand the test requirements, the associated test equipment.
8. Should be able to read and interpret data from test tapes, traces, or other instrumentation including automatic data acquisition systems.
9. Should be capable of performing quality control self-assessments on the test.
1. Should be self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision.
2. Must support UTAS policies, including but not limited to, EH&S, Ethics, and ACE.
- YRS. EXPERIENCE - 3 years experience performance aerospace test procedures preferred
- EDUCATION - High School diploma or equivalent GED, prefer Technical Associate degree or Trade Certificate
Hours are subject to change based on business conditions - core hours are: 11:00 pm - 7:00 am
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.